Sunday



Happy Mother's Day!

Extra special Happy Mother's Day wishes to my mom, Rosemary. Do you know what that makes me? Rosemary's baby.

****

Alex and Ella spent the weekend with their dad--that's just how our weekends tend to work out. Even though it's Mom's day weekend, I really needed the time alone. I slept in, graded some papers, cleaned house--even wrote a poem. This was my time to decompress after last week's festival. I did catch Alex's little league game and made dinner after. The perfect end to Mother's Day.

****

The photo above is from Dead Horse Beach in Salem. I knew of the beach but never made a connection with the name until this weekend. Once I heard the name, I needed to write a poem about it.

****

To-do list

1. Write poem for an anthology
2. Work on another poem (I've had an idea rolling around and I don't want to lose it) 
3. Organize third manuscript
4. Revive Juno project
5. Set up reading dates for second book
6. Submit poems to two journals

****

I'm starting to feel that connection again to my writing, which means I'm connecting to my life again. The last two months took a lot out of me. But this time I know I'm not too far away from my center. The cosmic tumblers are clicking back into place.

Comments

Popular Posts